View Single Post
      10-19-2012, 02:56 AM   #11
Honziss
Private
Rep
Drives: F20 116d + E81 116i

Dear Ilkercgs, I resend your photos to one of my customer who is working in qc department in VW (making VW Touareg, Audi Q7, Cayenne...means they have a lot experiences and high quality demands). She guess, that small chip from stone is ok, that could happen, but loosing of clearcoat is not ok at all. It shows poor adhesion between basecoat and clearcoat that can have several causes:

- bad curring condition at flash off. Which means that layer wasn't baked properly after application. Each material has specific specs for flash off defined by time and min/max baking temperature, if this is not fulfilled then the coating doesn't get it's properties

- hood was repainted more then once, which means that went thru baking process too many times, which makes topcoat fragile. Usually 4th flash off = car body or part has to go to scrap

- hood was repainted and total coating thickness is too high. Car body could be repainted at any stage of coating process, but if this happen, total coating thickness is too high and it's loosing flexibility

Generaly, car manufacturers has high interest in efficiency, so they are trying to avoid unnecessary scraping of bodies and prefers repairs of the coatings. Mistake could happen anywhere, problem is, it that happens in paintshop and defect is not visible (poor color, gloss, appearance), it's usually on customer to find out and claim.

So, don't give up and claim it, you're in right!
Appreciate 0