View Single Post
      09-05-2014, 12:11 PM   #980
Samurai of 2day
Major
Rep
Drives: '22 X6M/'21 S1Krr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billup View Post
I park my bike outside my apartment. I haven't had an issue yet. However, I will say that about 3 months after I moved to a new unit across the street from my old unit, the service guy that I hang out with told me that two bikes got stolen from over there during the night. Could have been mine if I still lived there. The sad part is, one of the bikes that got stolen was from a couple that was visiting their kid from three states away.

I don't really care though, I have full coverage, if it gets stolen, I'll take my check and get another one. That's life unfortunately.
Yeah... the motorcycle thieves don't care who they steal from because ultimately, they are not targeting the owner of the bike, rather targeting the bike itself. Doesn't matter if its an elderly couple, young stud, combat vet, or hot chick on 2 wheels. If it's a bike they want, they will steal it if the opportunity presents it's self.

I have to remind myself of that from time to time, because I am NOT the "victimized" type of person. I think that's why I go back and forth with how I deal with the theft of my bike. On one hand, I struggle with the feeling of being victimized, because there is nothing I can do to recover my bike at this point, whereas I can usually control a situation if and when someone tries to bully or take advantage of me. The mature part of me understands that the reality is they targeted my bike, not me. It wouldn't matter who sits in the saddle.

As for Full Coverage Insurance, I have that as well, so I'm just waiting on a check. Honestly, I am in a decent place finacially/credit wise, so I could go out and sign on a new bike today if I wanted to (part of me does) but I definitely bonded with my recently stolen bike, so she will be hard to replace.

Billup, I know you suffered a recent loss as well, so you have an idea of how the feeling of loss is sometimes difficult to get by, as it affects us all in different ways.