View Single Post
      01-10-2012, 05:18 PM   #1
Darthartur
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: X1 sdrive20d

118i eurotrip.

Hello!

Just returned from Europe and want to share my experience with new F20 118i sport line.

4 days, 3 cities, 500 miles. Munich, Salzburg, Vienna. Best trip of my life!

I drive a new 2011 X1 20d sdrive. http://e84.xbimmers.com/forums/showt...ghlight=israel

It was interesting to compare new junior bimmer to my E series car since it is new gen F series with all new tech.
I was a little disapointed by x1 interior when i got it. It is based on 3 series but an interior while looking even fresher then old 3 is made of old 1 materials. Hard plastics in a lot of places. F20 is waaaaaaay better. Handling is about the same , but ride on my x1 on 18' ranflats is horrid compare to F20's 16' on winter tires. Don't know is it only the wheels, but i was very impressed by how good the ride on new 1 is. Perfect balance between comfort and agility. New idrive is fantastic. And the 8 speed ZF fells like a CVT, smoothest gear changes i ever saw. Again much better then old 6 speed in my X1. 1.6 turbo is again great. Pulling on autobahn like there is no tommorow. Had no problems cruising with big boys with 6 potters on left lane. 2l turbo diesel feels stronger with its torque though, little more effortless. Economy of 1.6 is better in city but a little inferior on highway then 2l diesel.

Looks of F20 is very controversial, but once i saw it with my own eyes i totally got the design. Like my X1 it is really better looking in real life then on pictures.

Otherall is is fantastic machine for its price and i am really concidering to trade my x1 for it.

Appreciate 0