View Single Post
      08-21-2012, 05:52 AM   #14
AdrianB
Private
Rep
Drives: F20 125i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by F20MAW73
I haven't received my 125i yet so I can't really pass too much judgement.

I've brought my 125i to replace a Mk6 Golf GTI DSG which really was a fantastic car. From reading all the reviews the 125i should be a very capable replacement and offer improved performance, handling and refinement. The 125i can certainly be considered a hot hatch if that's what your after.

My only slight concern from the reviews is there is supposedly no gratifying exhaust note on the 125i which is a real shame.
I have also replaced my mk6 gti with the 125i and I think it is an all round better car. I have the m sport version and whilst the car is definitely quicker in a straight line it feels more composed on corners and rear wheel drive is definitely more fun. Don't get me wrong I loved the gti but the ultimate reason for changing it was that it required a full engine change under warranty at 49k and was off the road for 2 months. The service side of things at vw was terrible and I was fortunate that BMW had a model that really suited my needs. I have to say that the customer service I now receive from BMW is fantastic and be could learn a lot!
Appreciate 0