08-12-2012, 06:45 AM   #14
SeeeGull
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G20 330e M Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoenG View Post
Overall impression of most here is that sales are strong and not negatively impacted by design... !?? So all the criticism on its looks is pointless since no criterium to buy a car in this segment?

When you read threads concerning new models (125d/3-doors/M135i), half of the posts are there to stress it's fugly and certainly not on the shopping list. But that seems not to have any impact at all. Bizar!
I think the design guys at BMW are ahead of the game. In recent years the new designs seem to have grown on people over time and actually look better a few years after release, whereas the usual suspects (Audi, Merc etc) can look stunning on debut, but look old within a few years as fashions and taste change.

The F20 is not the prettiest car on the road, but there is just something about it when you see one drive past which goes far deeper than looks. It gives off an aura of quality and presence on the road.

I must stress however that I am biased towards the BMW brand, so these are just my views!

Previous
E36, E90, E92, F30
Appreciate 0