View Single Post
      05-23-2018, 02:18 PM   #20
DETRoadster
Space Force - 4 Star General
Rep
Drives: M2 MG 6MT / Moto Guzzi V7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrecker335d View Post
Thanks for the replies. The only thing I'm really interested in is what option in the OP is less of a financial loss. I don't plan to keep the car since I don't really like it. I do want a DD that I can actually keep for 5+ years and am able to stand driving it for that long. A Honda Civic does not meet those requirements since they're too damn boring, so I am willing to pay a bit more. I make enough to save about $2k/mo after all my expenses (food/gas/stuff is included). I don't have too much into retirement right now since I spent a decent bit opening up a salon beginning of last year (which now I won't have due to splitting up with her); but now I'm putting more money away for it. No house right now either, just renting. I will most likely get one after I finish my degree in 2 years and move out of Long Island to somewhere much cheaper with better jobs (currently working at a non-career job/going to school off the G.I. Bill).

Which option is less of a loss: Keeping the lease until it's over and put money into a interest bearing account, or pay off the negative I have on it (which was about $10k) later this year and get rid of it then get a cheaper car I can actually stand keeping for many years, and have more money a month I can save with a less debt/income ratio.
Dump the Audi since it's a lease and you don't even like it. Get out from under that thing. Buy a reasonable Japanese commuter car and start saving up for retirement.

Last edited by DETRoadster; 05-23-2018 at 04:36 PM..
Appreciate 1