01-09-2013, 11:28 AM   #51
ovekvam
Brigadier General
Norway
Rep
Drives: 2021 Galvanic Gold i3S

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommybisler View Post
If there's one thing that annoys me more than anything at the moment it's people banging on about the lack of a LSD.

THE M135I IS NOT SUPPOSED TO BE A HARDCORE TRACK CAR.

Excuse the caps, but this really needs to be drilled into people. The M135i is a highly refined, daily-driver that even my Grandma could drive comfortably, that also happens to be extremely rapid. If I wanted a hardcore track car I would get the 1M. One of the reasons I like the M135i so much is because it's so comfortable for daily driving and has that Jekyll and Hyde characteristic.

The fact the thing still bombs it round a track at insane speeds is a credit to BMW.
If it was up to me, ALL BMWs should be delivered with a mechanical limited slip differential. If not as standard, at least as an option. The LSD is not a track driving feature, but a very useful part for everybody who drive in slippery conditions. It makes the car handle better and get significantly better traction on winter roads.

But then again, the fake LSD system in the F20 is also a lot better than nothing. On corner exits, the braking of the inner wheel feels like torque vectoring when you are on the throttle. It kills the understeer you would otherwise get in that situation.
Appreciate 0