2022 BMW M3  [0.00]
2022 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by instarand View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by afadeev View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by instarand View Post
Lol I see that the manual says that. But does it override the "real" climate control? If I have the AC set to 65 degrees And then move that little dial to the "red" section does the air then become hot?
Not an over-ride - the dial controls the air temperature coming out of the central vents that direct air towards your hands/face.

Germans believe you want to keep your head cooler than your legs (especially in the winter), thus the need to have an ability to adjust the temperature of air blowing towards your head.

In the summer, I have it on "max blue/cold".
In the winter, I frequently adjust it mid-way towards "red". That is unless I get tired or sleepy, in which case a blast of "blue/cold" air in the face helps to keep one alert.

HTH,
a
Ah, this makes sense. So the car can be kept cold or hot but the air directly on your hands or face can be a bit more neutral.
Exactly my best example is my significant other likes a cold car but hates cold air blowing directly on face so while the auto climate is set between 60/65 medium fan speed the center is set to middle of hot and cold

It's for people that wanna keep there body one temperature but not have that same air temp in there face weather it be hot or cold some hate cold air in face others hate hot air in face.

For me I like cold/ cold in summer but in the winter the car is set to 70/75 heat but the center dial I like cooler towards face as I hate hot air blowing on my face and in my eyes.
Appreciate 2
JoeKixxon715.00
Yeineken1300.50