View Single Post
      02-18-2012, 12:27 PM   #7
wolz
Second Lieutenant
Sweden
Rep
Drives: bmw F20 120d

Thanks for your replies. Noticed while googling that this issue is pretty comon.

bimmer man, great to hear you had the same experience even with the same tyres as me, and it dissapeard after a couple of thousand kms.

indeed, sport+ or manually disable anti-spin is the solution. I don't mind that much since I prefer to go sideways whenever possible but it's pretty crap for those who want maximum security having the system activated. Or if I were to lend my car to someone who does not know of this issue. Better add a sticker to the dash "attempting an overtake without disabling the security-system will kill you" ;p

funny how a securitysystem turns the car into a death-trap rather than adding security :S

Like if you'r trying to overtake another vehicle and you change lane and start accelerating, rather than accelerating quickly doing a quick overtake, you end up with the engine capped to like 1hp and super-slow acceleration resulting in an overtaking attempt taking ages with a possible head-on colission instead, even if the road surface provide perfect grip.

Is it fair to say that bmw screwed up when they went down the no-spare-tyre path? making the car RFT-only not taking into account the issues appearing for those who live in "winter-countries" where we must have winter-tyres that clearly are not compatible with the antispin (atleast not the first coulpe of 1000kms).

I'll have a word with bmw, but since there are several discussions regarding this matter on the web, I don't expect a solution.
Appreciate 0