05-09-2013, 10:26 PM   #36
westphone
Lieutenant
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: M135i MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenithDK View Post

But yeah, a 1 series is a luxury car here. Basically only top executives can afford a 5 series or M135i, for example (weighs in at just over $100.000). The only people in 7-series/A8 are ministers who get the government to pay for them
Friends my message is only intended as a question due to my unfamiliarity to Europe and not intended in any other way. I apologize if anyone finds this message offensive.

Pardon me but I am confused. Why are cars of different prices on continental Europe or geographically very close to it. From Asia I do not understand the reason. Being in the EU I thought cars for example, BMW, should cost the same or very similar as in Germany + LITTLE administrative costs + shipping from Munich (which I thought one might as well just drive it over if close enough....) if you are in another EU countries. I am unfamiliar with Europe and can be very wrong, and you must excuse me. However, these cars seem to be cheaper again in Great Britain, very strange.

In Asia our import cars cost 2X as that in the United States or 3X in some other Asian countries, but then our governments want to curb imports or general number of cars (or whatever the they want). So, if I were to loot someone, I'd jump on the guy coming out of a 740Li

Last edited by westphone; 05-09-2013 at 10:27 PM.. Reason: spelling
Appreciate 0