View Single Post
      02-01-2013, 05:03 AM   #33
Jameson
Rep
Drives: 116i

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolz View Post
I like the cruisecontroll aswell, nicely informative/clean. The engine is very nice, good performance through all the way up to 4500rpm, very nice for a diesel! Sport-seats and hifi-system is great. Overall-all comfort, stabililty and noiselevels are all thumbs up.

what I don't like; feels like the xenonlights don't throw far enough... also I'm not impressed by the antispin that is not compatible with nordic tyres, must be turned off or you'r driving in a death-trap, also it fucks upp the cruisecontroll. If you resume the cruisecontrol and the car start accelerating, the cruisecontroll is quickly dis-engaged because the antispin recognise a non-existing wheelspin.
also the manual gearbox has caused some swearing, probably cause it's brand-new and therefore stiff, and some cold -20C degrees-nights didn't made it any smoother About 3 times in one month I ended up in reverse-gear instead of first gear =S bear in mind I've driven two different (manual) bmw-models for years, NEVER EVER have I by mistake ended up in reverse instead of 1st, only in the f20, and the positioning of the gears are obviously exactly the same on all cars. Or maybe they aren't, as the gear-changing-reflexes I've worked up over the years are not compatible with this gearbox maybe the "blocker"you have to pass to get to reverse is softer on this one or something.

The issue is probably because my previous cars were old and well-used, hence the gearboxes had became smooth and destinct, I'm sure this one will be aswell.

last thing to whine about is the PDC. I only have PDC-rear, so when I back up to something it beeps/display the distance to the object, that's great, but why the f*ck doesn't it stop beeping when I'm done with the parking, car is stopped and the gearlever is set to neutral? annoying

mostly minor stuff, but still think it's poor and I can't understand how some of the flaws can be there... kind of flaws that shouldn't exist in a car supposed to be premium.
Hi! you said the Hi-Fi system is great; I donŽt know wich one choose: the Hi-Fi system or the HK system. If the Hi-Fi is good enough, IŽll get it. So, it may be really helpful for me to know your opinion. Thanks in advance!
Appreciate 0