View Single Post
      04-12-2013, 12:10 AM   #15
120d_estoril
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F21 120d Auto - Estoril Blue

Thanks for the replies guys.

Unfortunately I had no knowledge on how to remove the door card apart from watching a YouTube clip on how to remove an e87 door card.

It does take quite a bit of force to undo the clips and I must say I was a little dubious at one stage. Only thing I did which was needed was to remove the window switch. This can stay fitted to the door and its a simple case of unplugging the cable once the door card is unclipped.

I didn't finish until late last night but glad to report I got the door card back on with no issues. The window goes down fine and no bulging of the door card as the MDF was actually 2mm thinner than the 14mm plastic oem mount.

You can't tell anything has been done now the door cards refitted apart from the harmon kardon housing for the tweeter although this is a factory option and the look I wanted to achieve. I hooked up my hi fi amp to quickly try the speakers last night before putting the door panel on and already even without the undeseat mid bass fitted it sounds much nicer and a lot clearer than what I had before.

It should sound even better with both sides done and the bass drivers fitted as these are set to play to 200hz via the cross over. Apologies for lack of photos I was against the time/light last night and wanted to get the door put back together.

Thanks again
Mark
Appreciate 0