View Single Post
      03-19-2013, 05:41 PM   #3
Pedro Terruggi
Brazil
Rep
Drives: F20 118i 8AT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovekvam View Post
That 116i seems to lack a lot of things, like screen and iDrive.
Our 116i has a sliding armrest. I just don't understand why people want that feature. It is very annoying. One thing is that is actually obstructs my elbows when I'm steering, but it even fails to support my elbow if I try to lean on it. Instead it slides away.
It is lacking a lot of things. My 116i will come with iDrive, though, because it is the only optional on the 116i here.

But this is specially annoying considering this is a ~USD 50,000 car! Yeah, it costs that much down here in Brazil.

The 118i starts at ~USD55,000 but there is a long queue for it (BMW just changed their MSRPs here in Brazil, believe it or not the 118i used to start at ~USD60,000 a month ago) and I don't have that additional money since I'll add around 5 grant in dealer sold optionals (leather seats, parking sensors and supaglass, since Brazil is not very safe).

Due to all that, I'm going for the 116i but that missing armrest is a real bummer!

The sliding armrest seems to be a bit odd, I agree with you, I'm looking for the same one that has in 118i here in Brazil, though. It's the one that opens upwards.

Last edited by Pedro Terruggi; 03-19-2013 at 05:51 PM..
Appreciate 0