06-17-2012, 09:47 AM   #18
ronald89
Enlisted Member
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: BMW 118d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doubleyou
Nice choice! The F20/21 looks great in Crimson red. The F21 actually lloks even better than the F20.

No plans to order chrome line? I think it looks great on a red car. I would skip the dark tinted rear windows.

My colleague just received his 116d ED 1 month ago. I did a test drive and the 1.6 engine sounds better than the 2.0 in my 116d. More refined, less oldskool diesel noise. If I had the chance to order again I would go for the ED. The sound of the engine is the only real negative aspect of my 116d. For the rest: great car!

And don't forget: the ED looks better as well: 2 or cm lower than the normal 116d.

I have ordered the HiFi Active speakers and the sound is really good. But if you have the budget for the HK speakers: go for it .
Thanks!

You're absolutely right. I forgot to mention that one in my list with options. I see that BMW Individual Shadowline is missing too!

Nice to read these positive comments about the EDE.
I made a test drive in a 116d and haven't noticed the noise of the engine. It was at least not more noisy than my current 118d
But nice to read that the EDE is more quiet. That's a big advantage!

Are you sure that the EDE is 2 cm lower than a non-EDE? BMW says its 10 mm lower. But it would be nice if it's more than 10 mm

I have the plan to let the rear windows tinted afterwards. That means I'll be able to see how it looks without tinted windows. Based on that I can decide to let them tint or not.

Regarding HK: it's a hard choice. If I go for it I need to skip some options (which I don't want to do).
Would you still take it if you listen most of the time to radio instead of cd/USB (which I do)? I mean: the quality of the radio signal is not as good as cd/USB. So, make it sense to have a good audio system in that case?
Appreciate 0