12-12-2017, 01:08 PM   #62
Viffermike
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 black-n-blue 718 Cayman

Quote:
Originally Posted by boostm3 View Post
As such, the $8200 upcharge for the M2 ($54,495, unoptioned) looks at first sight like some kind of outrageous M tax[/B] )
You did what C&D didn't waste white space explaining since the car didn't make 10Best: explain ad minutiae what the vast majority of readers don't give a whit about. The context is inappropriate. That's why 'at first sight' is used in the piece. It's called a qualification. Great! You know better. Perhaps in its review of the M2, C&D mentions this, eh?

Rule No. 1 in critical journalism: Understand your readership's expectations, and don't muddy up copy with information that readership doesn't expect or need. C&D does this well, and does that above.

I'm tellin' y'all: quit being skeptics about criticism. It's people like you that are killing criticism of all varieties in Western media -- and trust me: the 'other side' is far darker.
Appreciate 0