10-20-2012, 03:59 PM   #97
ozinaldo
Brigadier General
Portugal
Rep
Drives: 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by vladberca View Post
M135i is the better car for sure and I don t think that the AMG version of FWD A Class will be at this level
It is going to be awd and AMG chief notoriously stated in an interview that they want their car to be "better than a 1M in every respect" and working hard on it so I doubt that it will have big problems to put M135i and others in trouble on and out of track. Of course, than we will probably have more clarity about the next M2 so it will be a new and thrilling game starting. One thing is for sure though, the baby Mercedes AMG will not be anywhere near to a M135i pricewise. Honestly speaking, I believe it may be a more worthy rival to next M2 than the RS3/TT RS were to 1M (speaking about fun generating capacity and rewarding driving dynamics here, nothing else).

Here another quote about what they are planning for this 4 cylinder, 2 liter, 7 speed DCT, awd, min. 295 lb.ft and 350 hp compact car:

"Our goal," according to Mercedes-AMG boss Ola Kallenius, "is to build the most dynamic, most powerful and at the same time most efficient four-cylinder series production compact car."

I also hope that BMW M division is aware of approaching new rivalry from cars like this (or an Alfa 4C) and will give us an exciting M2.
BMW 1M-SOLD-: TECH: Evolve Race+N55mids, Evolve IC, Michelin PSS, ER cp, aFe filter, CDVx, Vorshlag camber plates, BMS OCC EXTERIOR: trunk spoiler, blacklines, black grills, IND goodies INTERIOR: Alcantara steering wheel, steel pedals, custom mats, MPower e-brake.

Last edited by ozinaldo; 10-20-2012 at 04:14 PM..
Appreciate 0