01-21-2013, 06:53 PM   #45
KoenG
Lieutenant Colonel
Belgium
Rep
Drives: i4 eDrive40 & Cupra Leon 300

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozinaldo View Post
This is my favourite thread since a few days. Pretty good discussion here. For me very simple, slippery road conditions and cold weather to handle most of the time then get the xdrive, dry and clear weather dominating where you live get a rwd. If it is your only car and you have a family with kids, be responsible and get the xdrive in 5 door regardless of road/weather conditions.

I would love to have a M135i xdrive five door, only to company my 1M. rwd-6 speed-manual-2 door coupe in VO vs. xdrive-8 speed auto-five door hatch in Estoril Blue. Different beasts for different moments. Perfect 2 car garage.
Would be a very nice dream garage indeed! I guess with your summary you're right. I'am just a bit "anxious" because several members seem to be convinced that the xDrive has inferior handling.

And... even when this is true, it's only marginal, not even detectable by an amateur like me I guess. Most "foolish" but spirited drivers will most probably appreciate the benefits of xDrive in combination with the ooomph of the engine. Certainly under mixed weather conditions and certainly when you don't commute daily to work over a F1 rated circuit...

As much as I would like to, I don't... so sad...
Appreciate 0