AusF20/F48
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: F20 125i MS, F48 XD25i

Quote:
Originally Posted by AusF20 View Post
Had my first issue with my 125i
The drivers side Headlight LED strip (I called it the Eyebrow) above the angel eyes on the Xenon started to flicker and then went out. It came back on intermittently
so I took it to my dealer.
Their technicians have the car for an hour whilst they checked it and confirmed that there was a fault inside the LED array so they will have to replace the whole drivers side headlight assembly.
The down side is that the part has to come from Germany so there is a two to three week wait.
Has anyone else had this fault?
UPDATE:
They replaced the full drivers side headlight assembly, but guess what- the LED eyebrow was out on the new one when I got home, so back to the dealer the next day and took a loan car for the day 135i coupe (nice drive, but I do prefer the 8 speeder in the F20).

After further investigation, they decided it was not the headlight and swapped the RHS light array control module with the left one and it worked until I arrived to pick mine up, when the passenger side failed on start up.

It confirm that the fault was in the module.
Yet another week to wait whilst the part comes from Germany and another trip back to the dealer.
So far I have had a 328i F30 and the 135i coupe as loan cars. Wonder what I will get next? (The 650i in semi matt silver they had on display would be nice) 'one can dream'
Appreciate 0