lux.sh
missing two turbos.
United_States
Rep
Drives: fast around corners.

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aitherobamwn View Post
Can you explain this to me.How a front or 4-wheel drive car be better than a RWD car?
How? I see people saying they dont like the new 1 series just posting some general opinion.

My opinion is this.BMW 1 series is the benchmark point.Everyone wants to beat it.It is a kind of an iPhone issue.The more you judge and attack to,the more you want to be like that.
FWD or RWD or 4WD is not necessarily better than the other. Each have pros and cons. In general, FWD provides roomier interior, better gas mileage and traction for snow/rain compared to RWD. but they suffer from torque steer, understeer and overall worst performance. 4WD gives you better grip in any road condition, provides optimal traction for standing still launches and better corner exit speed. but it suffers from heavy drivetrain loss, worse fuel efficiency and more weight. RWD is just fun to drive. but terrible with road condition where traction is limited and oversteers.

BMW 3 series is the benchmark. Price, performance, comfort, looks, technology, everything combined (overall package) 3 series is #1 in the market segment it belongs to. 1 series didn't establish enough reputation to be a benchmark. 1M on the other hand, in my opinion, is a benchmark in its class. The class 5 series belongs in is a toss up between Mercedes E class / Audi A6 while the market segment that belongs to 7 series is taken by Mercedes. Z4 loses to competition sometimes, even to japanese contenders.

: Prior Design Front : ACS Rear : ACS Roof : BlackLines : Simota Intake : Carbon Fiber Interior Trim :
: MTEC V3 : 24% Charcoal : V1 Hardwired : Solaris Invisibulbs/LED interior :
Appreciate 0