08-12-2012, 01:39 PM   #17
KoenG
Lieutenant Colonel
Belgium
Rep
Drives: i4 eDrive40 & Cupra Leon 300

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol01 View Post
if someone desire for F10 or F30 they are not even in the market for F20 so if what you are saying is based on their comments then it is utter rubbish. anyway the sales figure don't lie and they are selling bucket loads more of F20 in comparison with E87 in its first year of release. so base on sale figures it is very successful and its direct rivals A3 or A class don't exactly set the standards in looks either
I don't follow this, desirability of a car has nothing to do whether you're in the market for it or not. I don't know how many of us are in the market for a Ferrari F12 or a Veyron, but we can still desire it. On the other hand, it's not because I drive a 5-series, I don't desire anything which costs less or is smaller. The youngster I know, who could be in the market for one, aren't desiring it either and that is worse of course.

But, when the sales figures are strong, it confirms the paradox: a lot of BMW enthousiast think it is ugly (just read the threads in this forum), but somehow people are even buying it more than before.
Appreciate 0