View Single Post
      09-13-2012, 06:06 AM   #6
nognohnoh
Registered
Rep
Drives: F20 116i Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinHattingh View Post
I'm experiencing exactly the same as you on all counts. It's a ver 1.0 model, so a few niggles are expected. My steering wheel started squeeking last week, but because I know that it's a reported issue, it doesn't worry me all that much - I'll just take it to the dealer when next in their area. Funny enough, I need to do that because I also have a heat shield rattle from the turbo when it's cold, so there's anything one to add to your list to look out for :-)

Overall, even taking these things into account, I'm still very happy!
Hello,

I have the same exact issue with ratteling on my 116i (production july 2012). I also thought it was a heat shield and brought to the BMW dealer in Austria and they said they cannot localize it and its normal. Then I read your post on another topic in this forum and you mentioned that that ratteling noise was diagnosed as a faulty catalytic converter and that it should be replaced on yours. Have you replaced it yet ??
and most importantly was the ratteling still there afterwards?I went to the dealer in Austrtia and told them that BMW South Africa diagnosed it as a defect catalytic connverter on another car with the same issue and therefore they agreed to replace mine today actually, still will pick it up after work!!
Please let me know if the issue on yours was the catalytic converter or the heat shield of the turbo??

cheers,
adam
Appreciate 0