View Single Post
      01-17-2017, 12:51 PM   #2235
BayMoWe335
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2010 E92 335i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSTYLE View Post
I don't agree with most of your sentiments. Dak did exactly that: He dug us out of a 18pt hole! To say Atl would beat Dallas for certain is a simple opinion. But... This last comment is absolute truth and it WILL be addressed in the off season.
When you have a young, capable team that is poised for another great run, free agent Veterans want to come and be a part of that!
Dallas has great bargaining chips for either Draft picks or good Veterans: Romo, Morris and McFadden. I also wouldn't rule out Butler and or Williams (receivers) as bargaining chips.
I have been to a couple of practices up at the new facility in Frisco and have kept a close eye on Jaylon Smith. I can say this... Initially when Dallas drafted him that high, last year after his injury was announced, I was like, WITF?!?!? But knowing that Dallas' own Doctor handled his surgery and seeing him practicing today, and remembering what he did at Notre Dame... Mark my words: He and Sean Lee will be the most potent Linebacker duo in the league next year! So that leaves 2 pieces to fill: Defensive End and Corner. Dallas will be a force and enter as NFC favs next season.
Dak starts off slow. He's a rookie, but needs to get that corrected. Defense and penalties did him no favors, but 3 points is tough through 3-4 possessions against THAT team.

Every year is different unless you're the Patriots in an awful division. The NFC East has 4 decent teams and I think you need to take advantage of a #1 seed overall. Those don't come around too often (see last one in 2007 that we wasted too).

I also think Jaylon will be an unbelievable player and it was a good pick, but we need more in the draft. Pass rushers don't develop as rookies either.

McFadden is worth a 7th Rounder, if that. Williams maybe a 5th, but I think you need to keep him, as frustrating as he is.

Romo is probably worth a 2nd, but not sure what they are doing with his contract. Football trades are very rare.

You're penciling them in as the NFC favorite next year. Remember, Carolina was EASILY the NFC favorite this year and didn't even make the playoffs. 6 new teams (on average) make the playoffs every year...meaning 6 that made it won't make it the following year. Sucks, but it's reality.

One and done sucks even if you found your QB of the future. Needed to take advantage of this and didn't.
Appreciate 0