View Single Post
      04-07-2016, 12:54 AM   #2
Andoni.F20
Rep
Drives: AW 118i F20

the rattling noise is coming from the heat shield of the turbo, actually you can see it shaking in the video when it is "sounding" haha, I have the same issue with the shield, but only when it is under stress like when i release the clutch pedal without throttle input, you can tell your dealer to tight the bolts, if this does not work, with the engine off and completely cold "pull" the shield with your hand as strong as you can, this will "deform" the shield a little and maybe stop it from hittinh the turbo and causing the rattling noise, if it doesnt stop, try the other way, push the shield with your hand as much as you can, i did this and the rattling sound is gone

about your second question i dont know much, you could try doing a injection and throttle body cleaning, this concerning the low power in low rpm, also you have to consider the turbo lag effect from 0rpm to about 1800 rpm you dont get power from the turbo, since it starts to spool about at 1800rpms, pretty normal in turbo motors but quite stressing

about the second video i dont normally let the rpms drop that low before engaging the other gear, but later today i'll do the test and i'll let you know

i have a F20 118i 2014 with 76,800kms on the clock here in Mexico

Last edited by Andoni.F20; 04-07-2016 at 09:48 AM..
Appreciate 0