View Single Post
      01-16-2013, 08:09 AM   #152
nigelb
Rep
Drives: BMW i3 S + BMW M4 CS

Bought my 118i Sport Auto on the 6-June-2012 as an ex demonstrator. Overall, I am very pleased with the car. However, I have had the following issues.

1. Coolant level light / faulty coolant resevoir - Replaced by Dealer
2. Recall with regards to upgrade for the FEM. Cures a problem with wipers I think. - This was done as part of the fix for number 1.
3. Rear Brake pad sensor was telling me the rear pads needed replacing after 12k miles - again dealer said pads were 5% used and reset ECU
4. Drivers Electric Window Button sometimes loses its auto up and down ability - a quick stop/start fixes this though, can't be bothered to go back to dealer I will get them to check when it next goes in for a service.

I am doing around 700 miles a week and I am getting about 40mpg - (Basically I do one lap of the M25 every day as part of my commute)

The car is very quiet and the ride is good on the Winter run/flats. I do regret not getting a car with Xenon Lights though, the Standard Halogen ones are pretty inadequate (relative I know) I took the trouble to upgrade to the BMW Performance Halogen Bulb but they are still quite woeful.

You live and learn. I would definitely have another F20/F21 but I am a bit clearer on the specification I would/would not have and I am not sure I would go for another N13 Engine either.

All the best
Appreciate 0