View Single Post
      06-14-2016, 11:18 AM   #55
yousefnjr
salty cowboys fan
Rep
Drives: ‘06 Z4MR, ‘20 X7, ‘22 M4x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracus View Post
I don't think so. It is just a matter of perception. It is all about perception...

I personally will never buy an electric car. Don't want to go in my personal opinion and the BS people are buying, the vehicle is far from "green", "healthy", "reliable' in many aspects including for long trips, and no is not that energy efficient (dust in peoples eyes), lack of freedom in picking what "updates" you want on your car, and a long list... There are some serious issues that needs to be fixed until I will consider a such vehicle.

I still don't get what people see in that small electric train vehicle with an ipad ugly glued on the middle. But, each with its own, let them have it.

Tesla will NEVER reach BMW history, everybody can install four electric motors on a box, but not everybody can build a powerful efficient internal combustion engine. There is no advancement, nor technology in such car, just a small train with a new windows 10 in it (yep, the forced updates are included too). If that is "superior technology" for some, then, I will leave it there, there is no sense in arguing...
Elon Musk is not a genius nor a great engineer. That car could be well built 100 years ago; the evolution of the battery technology make it happen.

I do admire the new cars that run on salt water for example, or the hydrogen, but that is a different topic.

I am just waiting to see the masses buying the new 4 wheels iphone, so I can take a breath with my long range, thrilling, emotional, classic engine vehicle.
I will feel better and more unique, and maybe BMW will focus again on building proper driver oriented machines.

K
Appreciate 0