05-29-2012, 03:20 AM   #79
hufc2002
Private First Class
England
Rep
Drives: BMW F30 318d M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by iBeech View Post
what i would say is, if you dont have a build week and you placed your order at least 1 week ago, then ring and ask if you've got your build week. if he / she says there isnt a build week yet- keep emailing every 3 days for an update. i got my build week the day the order was submitted to BMW.

Next, you want to get in touch approx 15 days before production is due to start (your build week)- as it will goto production scheduled.

At this point, feel free to arrange to hand over your V5 for any car(s) you are part-xing.

After that, just wait until mid-day of the first day of scheduled production and email for an update. i then emailed every day for an update.

Once the car is 'in transit' be prepared for a long wait- as not even the dealer knows whats happening at this point. usually takes. it took 8 days for my car to be consigned to the UK, and a further 7 to be delivered to the dealer.

its JUST like watching a kettle boil- you know you need the end product, but you cannot do anything to help speed it up- and it teases you with what sounds like boiling water (progress). but eventually you get what you asked for. I'm just waiting for the coffee to arrive (DVLA docs) to add to the nice boiling water
I have just emailed him for progress so lets see what he says. If the car is due by the end of June then surely it must be in production now.

My part-ex's tax is due at the end of June too so if the car is delayed I don't really fancy putting anymore tax on it to then have the faff on of claiming it back. Do you think the dealer would take the car off my hands on say 30/06/12 with no tax on even if the F20 hasnt arrived?

I could manage for a few days with just one car.

Estoril Blue 118d M Sport
Appreciate 0