05-15-2012, 02:26 PM   #68
wolz
Second Lieutenant
Sweden
Rep
Drives: bmw F20 120d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazzie78 View Post
I have my Alpine white 116i since September and have had the following minor problems:
- BMW Live not working (I won't work according to my dealer and BMW Netherlands in my country). I find this very disappointing and made a complaint to BMW Netherlands and still waiting for a reply
- Front brakes makes a noise
- Have had my first flat tyre ever! Sensor first showed all tyres flat (2 times over)

A rather major issue:
- I got a message my steering was not working on my display. Electric steering was gone, it was impossible to steer. After stop and starting the car again I could steer again, but when turning a corner the steering wheel wouldn't go back when you release the wheel. The car has had a software update?? and this was according my dealer part of a recall.

What i'm still a bit afraid of, this is the same engine I had in my Mini Cooper S (R56) and this engine could have a cold start rattle and ended up in using lot's of oil. Same for the THP engine which are in the renault's and peugeot's. So I hope they have improved it for the BMW's

Apart for the rather major issue I'm still very pleased with my car and it's a joy to drive everyday!
Regarding bmw live I think your dealer is wrong. The only thing bmw live need is a phone to act as a modem. should not matter what country your in.

I was worried aswell when bmw live didn't work for me at first, thought that the car only had to pair itself with the phone via bluetooth and then it would be rock'n'roll.

What you have to do is that you must enable internet-sharing in your phone, sometimes called tethering. This allows the car to utilize the phone to go out on the internet. What phone do you have? on iphone 4s you go settings -> general -> network -> internet sharing -> enable -> smile
Appreciate 0