02-11-2013, 06:27 PM   #16
washout04
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Mini Cooper S

Quote:
Originally Posted by mowflow View Post
We have a 2 year old and a 6 month old.

Boot space is fine for our Concord neo pram along with shopping and a few other bits and pieces. i'd say rear seat space is a slight issue, I'd actually be happier if they had sacrificed an inch of boot space to make the rear seat space better.

Our 2 year old is in a non isofix Maxi Cosi priory seat and his feet hit the back of the passenger seat even when it's quite far forward. It doesn't bother him but it's annoying if you are the passenger. The seat back was getting badly scuffed so I bought a seat back cover for a few quid. Also worth pointing out that my 2 year old son isn't exactly big for his age.

Our 6 month old daughter is still in the rear facing seat that clips in and out of the pram base. She fits behind my seat but it's a case of just and only. I'm 6ft with long legs. I can move the seat forward a bit but in my regular position the back of my seat is touching the back of hers slightly.

The car is usable as a family car but I'd say it's probably still got less rear seat space than similar cars. If you and/or your wife are tall and need the seats back really far then it just won't work. It's better than the old shape 1er that we had when my son was born but it's nowhere near as spacious as the 2008 a3 sportback I had nor is it as spacious as my friends mk6 golf in the rear. Both had slightly smaller boots but more rear leg room which makes much more sense to me.
Hmmm. Well I am 6"3' but my wife is quite short so I guess the seat could go behind her but still this is a worry. I guess the only way to know is to test it out with a friends baby capsule. Otherwise I guess we stretch for an entry level 3 series wagon (320i) or look at the new A3/A class/V40. I'd rather stick with the BMWs though. Not a huge fan of the audi group styling and the new A class looks nice, but not much bigger than the 1 series.

Hmmmm
Appreciate 0