10-06-2010, 10:01 PM   #70
BTM
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: A///MERICAN!!!

Garage List
Ok, fine. A few comments:

1) Where data comes from and how it is interpreted are two entirely different things. There is a reason there are entire courses dedicated to analyzing and critiquing "econ" articles by popular news sources. I read the news, but am careful what to take from it. Clean, simple, undiluted facts. It is very easy to misinterpret or draw inaccurate conclusions from statistics, intentionally or unintentionally. The fact is, in these stories or editorials, the evidence/analysis is presented at such a rudimentary level it is very naive, right or wrong, to base opinions on such.

2) I've called plenty of people ignorant and idiots. It's not in the sense that overall, in everything they do, they're idiotic, but more that in this particular instance, their hardheadedness is making them out to be as such. I hope in your experience with a few MBAs, it was in the same sense. This is not to say that a few letters automatically makes someone an expert, but in the sense that you clearly aren't either, I'm not sure your assessment of them was entirely level headed.

3) I actually got curious and watched the radio host. No different from any other political radio host, just more anti-establishment and conspiracy theorist than most. Frankly, I won't call him, because there is no point to. I can just as summarily prove him wrong to myself as he can prove me wrong to himself. At the end of the day, I'll be on the "winning" side of things (his words), while he'll still be hosting a 2 bit radio program complaining about "the system" is holding you back.
Appreciate 0