08-06-2011, 06:57 AM   #36
BMW-NC
Selling drugs to BMW addicts
Germany
Rep
Drives: 135i e82 6MT N55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Propagator View Post
You have a strange rationale. Do you think that every ugly car ever existed came about because the designers didn't try, or the company didn't care? In fact, if the company really didn't care, we would get something quite boring and inoffensive. It's when it tries, and misses, that we get a massive failure such as this one.

Yes, I have not seen the car in person, and no, I won't shut up because of it, nor would I think twice before posting. What are you, new to internet?

Seriously, I get the argument that sometimes cars look quite different in flesh. That does happen. But I find it hard to believe that the objectively oversized headlamps will just shrink away when seen in person. Things like the surface curvature and paint colors, sure. I don't think that's the case here.

Look, it's well known that whenever a car company designs a car, it has to consider not only the external competition, but also the internal competition. That's why Toyota will never design a Camry that looks nicer than a Lexus. (Well, not intentionally anyway.) That's also why Kia doesn't care about making the new Optima look like an Audi, because they don't have anything up at that price level. It's clear to me that BMW wanted to make sure the 1er isn't as attractive as the 3er, but I think they WAY overdid themselves.
You know, sometimes you just sit in front of your screen and get angry and sad, That is when posts like mine occur.... :-)
It is just that I saw it in person and was blown away of how nice it looks....