View Single Post
      03-27-2012, 12:13 PM   #7
wolz
Second Lieutenant
Sweden
Rep
Drives: bmw F20 120d

What the idrive tells you about consumption is slightly optimistic I've noticed... I always reset the trip-meter when i fill up the tank. Then calculate the consumption next time I fill up the tank.

my 120d stats for the last tank:
6.6L/100km, the idrive said 6.2 (I reset the trip-computer aswell upon full tank)

I've done about 3500km so far. Pretty mixed combo of highway and start/stop/city-driving. The over-all counter since new hovers around 6.4L/100km

I drive in eco-pro when there are cars in the way and you just go with the flow, and as soon the road is free ahead I floor it on sport+ pretty much majority of the time is eco-pro mode.

I don't think the diesel in sweden is the best if you want low consumption. 5% RME is mixed in the diesel on all gas-stations (good for the environment). It's mandatory for all gas-stations so real deisel can't be found. Any other countries got that?

It's funny that bmw state in the manual clearly that you are NOT allowed to fill up the car with diesel that contains RME, that means if I were to follow bmws instruction, I'd had to go to another country everytime I were to re-fuel the car, unfortunately I can't =)

I'd love to try the Vpower-diesel some countries have, to compare performance/consumption
Appreciate 0