View Single Post
      02-09-2015, 10:00 AM   #9
k33z
Rep
Drives: BMW F20 118i - M sport

I have fitted an F20 125i M performance exhaust on my F20 118i a couple of months ago.

The 118i has a 65mm exhaust, and the fitment part of the M performance exhaust is also 65mm. We wanted to cut the original exhaust, and fit the performance exhaust without welding, but this did not work out very well. The two parts connect near a bend, and therefore welding was by far the best solution.

The fitment is no problem at all (except that you need to weld). 116i and 114i I think have smaller exhaust diameters, but this also can be overcome.

All I did was to order the exhaust, fit is as described, and change the grey part of my M-sport bumper to that of a 125i (room for two pipes in the bumper).

The sound is good, for what it is (it will never ever come close to a 6-cylinder). If you do a lot of highway driving, you will hear a slight droning noise. I am very sensative to this, so others it might not bother.

The exhaust pops when shifting (I have a manual transmission) and for me it greatly improved the overal fun factor of the car. The engine of this car sounds quite horrible, and the exhaust note drives your attention away from the engine in the cabin.

So all in all, on a 118i it is quite an easy fit!
Appreciate 0