View Single Post
      07-29-2011, 02:26 PM   #8
mrtn
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: -

I've been to a similar closed room viewing and I have to say, it indeed looks better in real life than on the pictures. The rear definitely looks better and the front is less hideous.
The car we got to see was a red 118i sport.

I was definitely impressed with the interior quality: quite an improvement over our current 130i.

The one thing that did not impress me was the steering wheel (it was the leather sport steering wheel): it felt utterly cheap (almost like it was made of plastic) and the shape was not right for the hands. I felt really awkward holding it.
I'm really hoping for a different M-sport steering wheel because the M-sport wheel in our current 130i is definitely better shaped and made of better materials.

The good news: it's finally possible to have a proper sitting position in the back. The e87 1er didn't leave much room behind a front passenger whereas the f20 has enough rear room for extended periods of time.

Another hopeful point: I got to look at the engine bay and there was quite a lot of room near engine: definitely enough for 2 more cilinders. So hopefully BMW decides to build a 135i f20 because right now there is not really an interesting replacement for the e87 130i...
Appreciate 0