View Single Post
      04-02-2012, 09:10 PM   #1
Michael5155
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2009 Z4 30i

Home Theater Lighting Suggestions

I'm in the process of building a home theater and have started looking at lighting controls. There are a billion options out there, but I'm thinking what I want is pretty simple. So I went to my local home theater store, who genuinely staffs home theater experts, to ask them what I should get. They showed me all these expensive multiple-zone systems with remote controls. I tried to explain what I wanted but they kept showing me these exotic and expensive systmes. I think they were trying to push me into something that would provide a healthy commission check. I left wondering if I'd ever even be able to screw in a light bulb again!

Here's what I want. I'm hoping someone out in BMW world might have or can recommend a system that will fit these simple needs.

I have three zones I want to control. All I want is a panel on the wall with three, maybe four lighting options: movie viewing, sports viewing, romantic/making the move on the wife viewing, all on, and all off. All the lighting has been installed and wired.

If you think you can help me, please provide company names, model numbers, install instructions (if it was a DIY), and any other info you think would be helpful.

I don't need a hand-held remote control. I just want to walk into the room press a button on a light panel and have the lights respond accordingly.

Thanks for any help and guidance.

Michael
Appreciate 0