04-17-2013, 02:12 PM   #17
Dim73
Private First Class
Greece
Rep
Drives: BMW F20 116i Α/Τ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robopilingui View Post
About the gearbox: the other day I was driving in comfort and D, and I was braking to stop from around 60 km/h. When I was nearly stopped (say 5 km/h), the car made three shakes and then stopped. It happened only once, but it didn't seem normal to me.
Did you have your foot on the brake pedal constantly till you stopped or did you release the pedal while the car was still rolling with a speed of 5 km/h?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robopilingui View Post
Moreover, last week I was exiting a toll from 20 km/h and slammed the throttle pedal to kick-down in S. The gearbox reduced from 3rd to 1rst (completely unnecessary in my opinion, but this is not the main problem here) and then when changing to 2nd it took about two seconds to do it, but made the next changes correctly. All the examples with the car in COMFORT mode.
From the little experience I have with this awesome gear box, if you hit the pedal hard (kickdown), it will downshift by two gears. It's normal. The delay from 1st to 2nd gear is also due to kickdown. This happens whenever you press the accelerator pedal harder than normal in any other gear. Try this: start with 1st and 2nd gear normally and hit the accelerator pedal in 3rd. You' ll see that it won't change in e.g. 3,000 rpm but in 5,000 or 6,000 rpm. When pressing the pedal hard, the gear box detects ("feels") that you need more speed (higher revs) so it will change gear in higher rpm. I don't know if I am wrong but this is how I perceive it...
Appreciate 0