AusF20/F48
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: F20 125i MS, F48 XD25i

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianB View Post
Hi AusF20

The module is the Burger Motorsport N20 tune and i ordered it direct from the guys in the states. There are a few companies which are onselling it but i found it much easier to get it direct. They have paypal facility so ordering was simple and it arrived by USPS exactly one week after order. Cost landed was about $420 AUD. In short to answer your question about manufacturers warranty i think that answer is no. I did a hell of a lot of research about this before finally ordering it which included emailing Terry Burger direct several times. He always responded within a couple of hours and was most helpful. I would suggest that you contact him direct via email with any technical questions you have. If you head to www.burgertuning.com you will find the contact details for terry and also the actual tune, Its the only N20 one in the list. I also did a lot of reading on the www.N54tech.com forum where there is a sticky thread relating directly to the N20 tune. Terry posts regularly on that thread and it goes through all the development as it has happened including testing of his own F30 328i with the tune. He also posts on lots of the other threads on a daily basis I noticed. It was with confidence I ordered the part and I do beleive its the first F20 125i that is now running it(ordered direct from Burger anyway !)In my last email he told me that the tune was running successfully in the new F30 320i also.
In terms of installation it was extremely easy, I dont pretend to be knowledgeable about complex engines such as this one but half hour was all that was required, and the instructions are available to download on their website with great step by step instructions with pictures(very helpful).
There have been no warning lamps and the car feels great as already explained.
I will attempt to get some good pictures for you tomorrow but i can say that if you werent familiar with the engine already you would be unlikely to know anything was different. It is very discrete and will remove very quickly!
I hope this has helped, I know a lot of people will not want to tamper with something like this but honestly i feel like the car has found a new lease of life and having said that i didnt think it was slow before! In stock form it felt faster and more composed than my MK6 GTI i owned before!
Cheers
Adrian
Thanks for the info, it is much appreciated
Appreciate 0