View Single Post
      12-13-2012, 05:54 PM   #145
swooshie22
Registered
Rep
Drives: F20 118i M Sport

This is my first post here...hello! Here's my horrific story regarding my F20.

Penders, you may want to read this through as you seem to have a similar issue to what I have had....

I bought a 118i M Sport delivered in March 2012. Upon reaching 5000 miles, I got the drivetrain warning and lost power. BMW could not identify the problem... The error code repeatedly returned and before I realised, I had made 8 trips to BMW in a matter of 3 months. Here's a list of what happened. It was initially thought that a software update was needed (didn't work). They then worked on the VANOS timing twice which didn't work so changed the VANOS unit altogether. The error code always revolved around the VANOS and work was therefore focused in this area. In September, I returned to the dealer yet again. They still could not figure what the problem was after 3 weeks. Eventually, the cylinder head cover and computer management system were replaced. However, the car had already spent 5 weeks consecutively at the dealer, causing my frustration to peak. I calculated that in total, I had made 10 trips to the dealer and the car had spent over 2 months in service. I therefore had no option, but to reject the car. Surprisingly, BMW accepted within 24 hours suggesting that they must have truly agreed that this was a faulty car.

I have now ordered a new one... However, the thought of getting anther 118i with the N13 engine was unimaginable so ended upgrading to the 125i M Sport. Delivery in early Jan. Penders, please keep me informed on your situation as I would be very interested.
Appreciate 0