08-12-2012, 12:47 PM   #16
KoenG
Lieutenant Colonel
Belgium
Rep
Drives: i4 eDrive40 & Cupra Leon 300

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol01 View Post
most people who criticise F20 looks are from US and they are not getting it anyway so their opinion doesn't count for much. as for looks I think it certainly has more presence on the road than A3 which is virtually unchanged from previous model and as for A class although it looks good in Pics somehow is not translating it when seen in metal and I have seen it in Motor show and sat in it. also most reviews that I have seen F20 has come on top in comparison with A class
Probably criticism is stronger in USA, but where I live in Europe, I don't hear many positive reactions either. I presume that 18inch alloys and the M kit do it a lot of good, but the ones I see have no alloys at all or 16inchers. None of my colleagues desire for one, while they do for the F10 and a bit less the F30.

I hope that it has to grow on people, like many state here. I believe they could have realised a long lasting premium design with slimmer head and tail lights also, skipping al the negativism. Is pointless waste after all, a risk they could have avoided easily.
Appreciate 0