View Single Post
      08-05-2011, 06:34 AM   #29
Faust
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Vauxhall Calibra, M3 (E46)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW-NC View Post
...But then I remembered that I ALWAYS dislike the first pictures of any car (e90, e, X3, Z4 just to name a few). So I decided to wait until I see the car...
Sorry but the new 1er is on a whole new level of ugliness. E90 is not a bad design and polarising as may have been both previous generation X3 and Z4 were not actually ugly. Well at least the Z4. The X3 was a bit of a turd now that I think of it :-)

But the new 1er is total failure and a steaming pile of shit of a design, at least when it comes to front and rear end. Seriously even a 5-year old kid would have done a better job. Of course there is always a "rationale" behind every attempt at design but in this case it is completely failed.

And come on, we are not haters. We love BMW. I really hoped for something sporty, elegant and evolutionary for the new 1er because the old one was a great hatch. But the design is unacceptable. I don't expect much change of heart when I see it up close tbh. It is so ugly it's unsalvagable imo. Only total redesign of the front and rear would make any difference but sadly that ain't gonna happen.
Appreciate 0