Pieter90
Enlisted Member
Belgium
Rep
Drives: BMW 418d

Garage List
My new 116d ED Edition (Sport Line)

Hey guys!

I took delivery of my new F20 116d ED a couple of days ago.

However I was disappointed to see that my F20 was delivered with the wrong alloys. It's actually a long story and nothing can be done about it. When my dealer made the first price offer, I didn't chose sport line. But when I actually ordered my car I asked him to add the sport line for me. So I expected that the computer would automatically add the 16" sport line alloys. That unfortunately didn't happen and I signed the contract with styling 377 alloys, which I think are the worst looking alloys you can get on an F20.

I asked my dealer if they couldn't be changed, but that was not possible. The only thing I can do is buying the alloys that I thought I ordered for about 1400 euros. But that's just too much money for alloys that I don't really like 'that much'. I'll just have to learn to get used to them I guess..

Besides that, my new 1-series is a great car. I was a bit afraid of what the Sensatec would be like, but I was pleasantly surprised. Of course it's not as nice as leather, but personally I think it's much better than cloth. The red-stitched dakota leather would've been awesome of course, but I couldn't justify another 1600 euro for that. So I would recommend it as a cheap alternative to leather.

The engine of the 116d ED is not bad at all, though if you drive it in eco pro, all the driving pleasure is gone. In sport mode it drives pretty well. Another nice surprise was that the sport line comes with the sport+ mode (I didn't know that). If power is more important than consumption to you, you will probably dislike the engine though. My previous 118d accelerated much better than this one, especially in second gear. But overall I'm glad I opted for the ED Edition.

The options that I took were:

Colour: Saphirschwarz
Sensatec Schwarz seats
Brushed Aluminium Trim

Sport line

Xenon Headlights
Headlight Wash
Adaptive Headlights
High Beam Assist
Rain Sensor/Auto Headlight Activation
Servotronic
Multifunctional Steering Wheel