Major
Belgium
Rep
Drives: BMW F80 M3

Garage List
2017 BMW F80 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoenG View Post
You state the AT is never dropping rpm below torque peak? Hmmm??? I guess your AT needs some servicing then.

The 330d has a beefy 560Nm, the M135i has a respectable 450Nm. The 330d just delivers ~24% more grunt at low rpms, and seen it hits in a few rpms lower, it will provide you with at least this surplus every single time you push the accelerator. It's as simple as that.

Where the M135i reigns is in the higher rpms of course, and not with a small margin. But really, could you count the seconds/year that you actually call more than 255hp driving your car? I guess those seconds tick away with a big smile on your face... but they are mighty expensive too.
I do 200+ everyday and not on highways since they are too crowded I just love to rev it till 6.5k rpm. And the sound of the engine is just awesome. I have had a 325d chipped E92 before and while the torque is nice, i prefer the screaming higher revving petrol engine anytime. And if wanted you can chip/add a box to add some more torque to the 3.0 petrol engine as well.

Anyways the cost for petrol vs diesel is indeed a problem. But hey we only live once

If you buy cars based only on logic, a lot of choices dont make sense
Appreciate 0