07-28-2013, 05:14 PM   #22
ozinaldo
Brigadier General
Portugal
Rep
Drives: 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacoluca View Post
I think the front and rear tyre pressure should be the same due to the 50:50 weight distribution in 1 series. In my experience, regularly checking tyre pressure, I would say once every 2 week will be enough and the plate on the side of door says 32 psi is just a guideline for me, and that's the minimum psi you need for the tyres when the tyres are cold . the pressure increases after driving for a while, and will roughly increases about 4-5psi under normal drive. So I would put 38 psi when the tyres are warm.
There are many variables to determine the "right" pressure for each axle; even weight distribution is one of them but that alone doesn't really work if your car has different size front/rear tires for instance (like in M cars or in M135i). Also, someone driving most of the time with passengers at the back seat or trunk loaded should have much diffferent pressures compared to someone almost exclusively driving his car alone with no load. I like to play with pressures and see how the car reacts on different roads or in different circumstances; but always keeping an eye on the factory recommendations.
BMW 1M-SOLD-: TECH: Evolve Race+N55mids, Evolve IC, Michelin PSS, ER cp, aFe filter, CDVx, Vorshlag camber plates, BMS OCC EXTERIOR: trunk spoiler, blacklines, black grills, IND goodies INTERIOR: Alcantara steering wheel, steel pedals, custom mats, MPower e-brake.
Appreciate 0