03-06-2013, 03:43 AM   #184
wolz
Second Lieutenant
Sweden
Rep
Drives: bmw F20 120d

Quote:
Originally Posted by PunkSinatra View Post
Hello. I've a F20 125D since May, but now after a 14 000km it started withe some problems.
A strange noise when breaking from the front left wheel, that evolved now to vibration in the steering wheel, and the worst problem is some sort of bloking of the steering wheel.
Like you have to do a lot more strenght to turn to the feft side on speeds above 100km/h.
BMW told me that is a construction defect, and now i can choose a new car and wait about 3 months for it, or repair this one. Now a realy don't know what to do.
hmm that steering-wheel issue, could you explain that a bit more? is it only when you turn left and not right? Is the problem always there at above 100km/h or does it only happen once in a while randomly?

I've had a few occasions where after driving on highway for a long time, especially after driving dead straight for a long while and then coming into a slight bend, it has felt like the steeringwheel has locked up.

Really scary feeling, for a millisecond it feels like the anti-theft-locking-thingie has engaged and I have to force the steeringwheel a bit in order to turn.
Appreciate 0