View Single Post
      01-08-2015, 06:33 AM   #1
dizx
Second Lieutenant
Thailand
Rep
Drives: 2020 G20 330e

ECU Cracked, let the FUN begin!

Now that BR and others are providing a total ECU remap, it gives new possibilities for owners of 114i, 116i and 118i, which is basically the same car - and the same engine.

All cars can be tuned to ~220hp, which is a whopping +118hp for the 114i!!

Personally I have tuned all my BMW's, and had some amazing results with remapping before.

This is my email communication with Bruno at BR regarding my F20 116i:

Me:
Hi!

I am currently running a Hartge tune, which is ok.

I am very much interested in this tune. Can you do remote installations? OBD? Or do I have to send my ECU to Belgium?

Bruno:
Hi Morten,

You need to send the ECU to us, we remap it here and send it back to you, the power increase is phenomenal, you’ll love it, way more power than the Hartge powerbox.

regards
Bruno

Me:
So what happens if the car is upgraded at BMW for a scheduled service. Will the tune be overwritten and back to default?

Bruno:
Yes the tune will be overwritten if they update the engine management system, i advise you ask the dealer not to update the ecu.

Me:
Ok. One final question. Here in Thailand they sell de-tuned 328i for tax reasons. Would a tune like this unlock the full potential for de-tuned car as well? Wouldn't make a difference, right?

Bruno:
Yes off course the remap will get rid of the de-tune limitation.

I can't wait!

Last edited by dizx; 01-09-2015 at 02:33 AM..
Appreciate 0