View Single Post
      02-21-2024, 12:29 PM   #1
pete348
Registered
Rep
Drives: 1 series 2017

Headlight casing disconnected after bulb change, MoT fail

Hi, hoping for some advice here if anyone has had a similar problem... After replacing a dipped headlight bulb, I've now found its headlight casing isn't properly connected to the tilting mechanism. It lights up fine, basically sat in the lowest angle, but doesn't raise when the control by the steering wheel is adjusted (the light on the other side is tilting fine).
This has failed its MoT, the first time I've used a local garage who they say they can't fix it but will install a new headlight if I buy myself one.
I can't help hoping something is just unclipped inside the casing, so the lamp isn't being tilted back - is that something that happens? Or does this sound like something's broken in there and I really will need to have the whole lamp replaced?
Pic shows the angle it's tilted down at, I can get my hand in and feel it's resting there fairly loosely, but I can't feel anything I need to clip.
Anyone know if there's any hope I can fix this myself, or should I not waste time even trying?
Thanks!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0