Quote:
Originally Posted by InsideMan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ah3nyc View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsideMan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ah3nyc View Post
Don't focus on sales in USA and you'll be begging for top of sales crown very soon. I hope they read these forums. My dealer who I worked with for years is saying sales are down and hurting them. So we'll see if pulling most programs will work in USA. I think it won't from business perspective since competition these days make better cars.
Sales are down because your dealer won't make the deals. They need to SELL. There are money factors to a car deal...price being a huge factor. Tell your dealer to quit complaining, stop being lazy and make deals. I know of dealers having records months when other complain.
He sells tons of cars. Customers aren't flooding the stores like they used to. You can tell by numbers of sales being down. Bmw is moving away from ultimate driving machine to ultimate luxury yacht.
Purely speculation on my part, but I picture your dealer as an old car guy who is used to people coming to him because he works for BMWs. That is no longer how it works. Sorry. There are plenty of great car options nowadays. He must get on the phone and SELL the next car. Get creative. Get people in and out of leases. Wheel and deal. Hustle. That's the name of the game. If he sits and waits, he will be complain to you month after month.
Not at all. He's a young guy. Your assuming just cause so many bmw fans here on this site means all bmw drivers are loyal to the brand. Not so; many will cross shop and go elsewhere if warranty is better, maintenance etc. It's not just financial costs have went up but lack of driving feeling is way down.
I know they aren't loyal. That is why he must SELL. Provide VALUE. When people cross shop, someone sells them on something. Tell your salesman to stop being lazy and hone his skills.

I know a guy who has switched to a variety of the major luxury brands. Everywhere he goes he sells 30+ per month. He takes his clients from one brand to the next. They value HIM. This is just one example. He sells.
You have a valid point. I won't argue on quality of sales people. I'm making a statement that brand is going in wrong direction. Salesman or women can only do so much. The product must be worth it for people to buy. Bmw has being lazy in my opinion. Your entitled to you own. Disconnected from its loyal customers; going further into direction of luxury than that fine mix of ultimate driving machine into ultimate luxury boat.

I fear that they grew too fast and haven't been looking behind shoulders at competition which in many cases is equal or manufacturers better products.

Hard to climb to the top; easy to fall.
Appreciate 0