Math
First Lieutenant
Belgium
Rep
Drives: BMW F21 116D

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovekvam View Post
We had leather seats in our previous BMW, and the alcantara seats in our current F20. The black leather seats were horribly warm when getting into the car on sunny summer days, and terribly cold when getting into the car on winter mornings. They were also very slippery, which was annoying on twisty roads. On long trips, they felt more sweaty than the alcantara seats.

On the positive note, leather seats have a nice look and smell, and they are easy to clean

I would definitely pay to have alcantara instead of leather. Plain cloth seats are also better than leather in my opinion, maybe unless you primarily use it to shuttle kids around.
I agree that Alcantara is one of the most pleasant "cloths" to have for a seat!
However, I would (and have) choose leather over the track cloth. I had plain cloth in my E87 and it got really dirty after a couple of years, with stains appearing just from spilling water on it! Maybe the track cloth is a step upwards since then, but still, I would never have it again.

I'm very happy with the leather! I don't think its particularly cold in wintertime, maybe the first minute or so, but come on, you're wearing pants right . Ofcourse you can always get the heated seats which are reasonably priced I find.
In summer my seats are also ok, not too hot, but maybe them being white-ish(oyster) has some benefits over black leather.
Anyway, we have a young dog that drives along regularly and is sick in the car sometimes so I'm VERY happy I got the leather seats which are super easy to clean

2012 - BMW F21 116D ED

Please check my amazing car rental website at http://www.bscc.eu!
Appreciate 0