View Single Post
      01-16-2013, 06:04 PM   #11
KoenG
Lieutenant Colonel
Belgium
Rep
Drives: i4 eDrive40 & Cupra Leon 300

Just a small addition to previous post... before you react I can't drive, which is most probably very true, I have to say that I see very professional drivers do this.

Every time you see a car slide, they do this. They provoke oversteer in the first half of the turn before apex and letting the rear axle come in slightly (not too much in the initiation and propagation phase). When you want spectacle, you balance the car in oversteer on apex and provoke overpower to maintain oversteer.

When you want speed, you need traction and keep the YAW of the car as limited as possible. Here 4WD is your friend, under the condition the mass distribution remains sufficiently equally balanded 50/50.

Look at the GTR, this is a very extreme example of how the grip off every wheel is extremely exploited, also and certainly in the phase of maximal lateral g's. There is massive evidence on you tube of this. Check the comparison of the GTR and M5. Most of the difference is due to the traction of the altessa 4WD system, it"s not in the engine nor the transmission.

Appreciate 0