View Single Post
      08-04-2014, 04:55 PM   #6
chaddy74
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: M135i

Im going to do the same !! I wanst really impressed with the overall drivability of the JB 4 way to much R&D left to be sorted !! Sure WOT was noticeably improved but it was the part to low end throttle that really disappointed me with the JB4. I recently removed the JB4 and went back to stock , this is of course with all my Bolt on's Full Catless exhaust,uppipe, Charge pipe,intercooler,intake,LSD and my car is still blisteringly fast an just so much smoother without the JB4. All the weird jerkiness and inconsistency is gone. I have ordered another tuning box to try with a few more sensors. Im also in discussion with DMS who are very close at releasing a full flash tune. Only downside with removing the JB4 is i now have a CEL due to exhaust emissions - who cares !! they will code it out when i can get a real flash tune
Quote:
Originally Posted by harkes View Post
Hi

I like as many good and bad experiences as possible with different ecu tunes. Me and especially my car are currently trying to get along with the JB4 so I consider if I should try something else.
More specifically I am having problems with boost being over target hence the JB4 goes to a standard map - which also boost over target. Also having what feels like misfires making the car jerk for a split-second - not a nice feeling.
My experience is that the JB4 is not a plug'n'play but more for the experienced and hard core tuner that want much more than just a 20% power increase.
Appreciate 0