06-08-2011, 10:50 AM   #46
SCOTT26
Major General
Rep
Drives: A big F-off German Truck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PyratOne View Post
Huh?

Scott you are really towing the company line here, bless your heart. Over 20 out of 30 of your recent posts in the last week have been defending the new 1er.

Im trying to like it, really I am. Since the current 1seriesMCoupe is impossible to obtain, I had high hopes on this new 1er (and new 1M?). Based on this design, forget it.

That bulbous nose....not good.

any chance on a 2011/2012 1M CSL???
I am defending it because I am in acceptance phase. I seen the car back in 2008 and like everyone here I went through the stages. But the more I become familiar with the car the more I understand the design and see it more clearly especially the details which in some photographs are obscured by various lighting conditions. It is not as bulbous because in reality you see the creases underneath the headlights that make the nose more prominent . In some photographs you cannot even see the detail leading the viewer to summarize that the car is completely empty at the front.

As I said the car and the forthcoming 3er is on my own account over two years old, right now they are in the early stages of the competition for the next 7er. Everyday I get the opportunity to step into the future.